We have done a piss poor job messaging the benefits of this VERY conservative health care law. Here are a few of the major highlights – I will update this later with documentation that what is being disputed right now in the Supreme Court was a Republican idea…until Obama agreed, then it became a bad idea.
WATCH AS ROMNEY EXPLAINS HOW HE WILL GET RID OF OBAMACARE AND REPLACE IT WITH OBAMACARE
1. You cannot be denied insurance for a pre-existing condition (this has already kicked in for children)
2. Women cannot be charged more simply because they are women
3. Preventive care is now covered with no co-pay including physicals and you don’t have to wait 12 months to get one. (We’ve had a cancer screening cost us $1400 AFTER our employer-based insurance paid for what they were going to pay for)
4. It closed the medicare donut hole for prescription drugs for seniors
5. Small businesses that provide health insurance will receive a generous tax credit
6. Young adults can stay on their parents insurance until 26 years of age. It will revert back to 18-19 unless your kids are in college full-time.
7. It will end life-time limits. God forbid your child is born with diabetes or some other life-long illness this will prevent insurance companies from capping coverage which could easily happen by the time the child is a young adult.
8. Finally, the individual mandate will bring our costs down because we will no longer be paying for folks who use the emergency room as their primary care physician.
If the Supreme Court (SCOTUS) rules against this bill, it will have a devastating impact on a lot of families. Most of those picketing outside of the court are benefiting from this bill and don’t realize it or won’t admit it.
There are TWO things you can do to prevent the reversal of this bill
1. PRAY REGULARLY THAT THE SCOTUS RULES IN FAVOR OF THIS BILL.
2. Donate, get involved, get out the vote, and vote for Democrats in your home state and federally. Remember it is the GOP politicians at the state level that took this bill to court.
A CBS/NYT survey from 2010 found that while most Republican oppose Obamacare they like …overwhelmingly the parts of the plan, in some cases by as much as 87%!!! The reason that the GOP base doesn’t like Obamacare is because they have been told not to.